There was a double feature tonight: Abruzzo wines from Illuminati for the first tasting and Silver Tequila for the second.
- *”Illuminati Brut” Méthode Champenoise vintage. $39
light white flowers, honey, pale orange candies, No fizz in 5 min, a fave of mine
- Controguerra Bianco D.O.C. Costalupo. $16
a more plastic version of the sparkling.
- *Zanna, Montepulciano d’Abruzzo Colline Teramane DOCG Riserva 1988 $70
mushrooms! thickness a little oxidized, nice acidity and soft tannins. good on opening, four hours later not good, one of my faves at 5pm
- *Zanna, Montepulciano d’Abruzzo Colline Teramane DOCG Riserva 2003 $41
herbal, menthol, better four hours later with that liquid mercury feel, my fave at 9pm
- Montepulciano d’Abruzzo D.O.C. Ilico. $20
- *Controguerra D.O.C. Nicò Passito Nicò $49
menthol, coconut, mouthfilling, RS, not so good 4 hr later
* stuff i would revisit
- Tezon (pernod Ricard) $50 floral, cigarette
- 1800 Select Silver Tequila $35 herbal
- Gran Centenario Plata $53 cinnamon
- Parta Tequila Bianco $50 smoky floral
- Patron Silver $50 menthol
- Sauza Tequila Blanco: $10 banana
- Don Julio Blanco $46 sesame
- Herradura Silver Tequila $37 peanut m&m
Tasted, then cut with water to capture more aromas.
Filed under: wine tasting |